blue spirulina is so beautiful + so good for you! also known as Phycocyanin, it is a blue pigment derived from blue-green algae rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, carotenoids + antioxidants.
it makes for a pretty smoothie + its also great as a natural food color. this smoothie has been on weekly rotation and i’m sure you’ll love it as well!
makes 1 serving
what you need
- 1/2 cup frozen coconut milk ice cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 scoop plant protein powder
- 2 tsp organic blue spirulina – i love this one
what you do
- add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- blend until smooth. enjoy!