I could eat pasta anytime, any day, anywhere – especially when its smothered in boozy fresh tomatoes + herbs! Trust me – you’ll be wanting to eat this dish all the time as well.
SERVES : 2
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 clamshell cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs, finely chopped (my favs are thyme, sage, oregano + parsley)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- your favorite pasta noodle
- truffle oil (optional)
WHAT YOU DO
- Start water for pasta in a large pot.
- Heat cast iron, or your favorite large pan on low.
- Add olive oil, tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs, sea salt, pepper, sugar and chili flakes to the pan. Stir well to coat everything with the olive oil.
- Stir occasionally to ensure nothing is sticking to the pan. Cook until tomatoes are softened and they have slightly burst (approx 12-15 minutes)
- Add olives and wine, cooking for another 10 minutes on low.
- Once pasta is cooked, add to the sauce pan with a little pasta water to loosen the sauce as desired.
- Coat the pasta well with sauce. Plate and garnish with more fresh herbs, fresh cracked pepper and sea salt and a drizzle of olive or truffle oil.