Sweet. Magical. Balls. These delicious little bites are filled with whole foods + smothered in an amazing health-ish glaze. Disclaimer – these are highly addictive!
MAKES : makes 20 – 24 balls
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup rolled oats (I prefer large flake oats)
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon pink sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE GLAZE :
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
WHAT YOU DO
- Soak cashews and dates for 3-4 hours OR add boiling water and soak covered for 1 hour.
- Rinse / drain cashews and dates. Add to food processor with oats, sea salt and vanilla extract. Mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Remove from food processor and form into 1 tablespoon sized balls. Chill in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the glaze : heat coconut oil on low heat. Remove from heat once its melted. Add in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Dip balls into the glaze, making sure to cover all sides! When removing from glaze, try to let as much of the glaze drip off or it will puddle under the ball. Transfer to a lined baking sheet or plate. Once all the balls have been glazed, chill again in freezer for 20 minutes before devouring!
- Also – don’t ignore the bits of chilled glazed left over on the plate or baking sheets. These little pieces are delectable!
- Note : keep in fridge for up to a week, if they last that long!