Dark chocolate + sea salt .. yes please! These soft + chewy + chocolately morsels of goodness are sure to be a favorite! The little pieces of chopped chocolate really make these beautiful.
MAKES : 24-30 cookies
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 roughly chopped dark chocolate bar or 1 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- flaky Sea Salt, such as Maldon for garnish
WHAT YOU DO
- Combine the sugars with butter, water, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whisk until smooth and incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. If there are sugar clumps, break them up with the back of a spoon or your hand before whisking.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for minimum 1 hour, up to 12 hours. Longer the better, if possible! Do not skip this step.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. With a cookie scoop or spoon, portion the dough into 1 heaping tbsp mounds.
- Arrange the dough balls on a baking sheet and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Leave a couple of inches between each ball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are just golden. Do not over-bake. I bake these for 11 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, lightly press down with the back of a fork.
- Cool the cookies for an additional few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- Enjoy! xx