it’s definitely starting to feel like winter is on its way and that means more soup! my creamy coconut + butternut squash soup is vegan + gluten free, so delicious, quick + easy to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes. it also has a secret serving of red lentils so it’s high in protein. don’t skip the fresh croutons + truffle oil drizzle. it really levels up this already amazing soup. also, if anyone knows how to cut a butternut squash in an easy + elegant way, please show me!
makes 4 – 6 servings
what you need
- 1 small red onion
- 3-4 celery stalks
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 large red apple
- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup red lentils, washed + rinsed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, pepper + chili flakes to taste
- 6-8 cups water
- croutons, fresh herbs, truffle or olive oil
what you do
- in a large pot, heat olive oil over low heat. add in roughly chopped onions, celery, garlic, apple + butternut squash. saute 5-7 minutes until onion is transparent.
- add lentils, sea salt, pepper, chili flakes and water to the pot and bring soup to a boil. add closer to 6 cups for a thicker soup.
- bring to a boil then simmer for 20-25 minutes until butternut squash is fork tender.
- let soup cool, then using an immersion blender (or blender) mix until smooth or to desired consistency. gently fold in coconut cream.
- ladle in soup bowls, garnish with croutons, cracked sea salt, pepper, chili flakes, herbs + oil of choice.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
+ add a comment