If you’re looking for the perfect side dish – this is it! Crispy delicious smashed potatoes drizzled with a sweet garlicky honey mustard herby vinaigrette! So simple and so good.
MAKES : serves 2-4
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 – 1.5 lb fingerling potatoes (or your favorite small potato or large cut into 1.5-2 inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt + pepper
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon (or yellow) mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp fresh chopped herbs (i’m using parsley, chives + thyme)
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, then place into a large pot with water to cover plus one inch. Add salt and baking soda. Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes until fork tender. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer to baking sheet and arrange in one layer. Smash each potato with the back of a cup or bowl until they are slightly cracked open. Do not mash them!
- Toss both sides of potatoes generously with olive oil, cracked sea salt and pepper.
- Bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes, then flip each potato and bake for another 10 minutes or so, until crispy and browned. Do not over bake as they will dry out.
- To make the vinaigrette, heat the olive oil in a small skillet or pan on low heat. Add garlic and cook until slightly brown. Remove from heat and add in lemon juice, mustard and honey and herbs. Mix well.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove from oven and drizzle the warm vinaigrette evenly over all pieces. Finish with a few grinds of sea salt and pepper.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
+ add a comment