if you’re looking for a delicious Christmas morning bite with your coffee, these muffins are it! They come together in less than 40 minutes (clean up included!) and are the perfect balance of sweet + spice.
NOTE – this recipe contains eggs.
makes 10 muffins
what you need
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- zest of 2 large oranges
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar for topping
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp orange juice or almond milk
- splash vanilla extract
- + chopped pecans for garnish
what you do
- Preheat oven to 350F + line muffin tin with liners.
- Using a stand mixer, or whisk + large bowl, beat eggs + sugar. then add in remaining wet ingredients.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and fold everything together until there are no dry bits of flour left.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, and top with a sprinkling of the cane sugar topping.
- Prepare glaze by whisking all ingredients together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- While warm, drizzle glaze + top with chopped pecans.