september is officially pumpkin spice everything season – and i am totally here for it! my pumpkin spice loaf is the best, especially with it’s delicious streusel topping + maple glaze. this loaf is incredibly moist, easy to make + plantbased!
you could use gluten free flour, but i have not tried the recipe with this substitute. if you do, let me know how it is!
makes 1 loaf
what you need
pumpkin spice mixture
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, cold and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour or oats
- 1/4 cup brown or cane sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mixture
- 2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup brown or cane sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice mixture
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 maple syrup
what you do
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- mix 2 tbsp ground flax with 5 tbsp water, set aside.
- mix all the pumpkin spice ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- add the loaf ingredients (puree to salt) + flax mixture, to a large mixing bowl. mix well then add the flour and mix again until combined.
- pour batter into a greased + parchment lined loaf pan.
- add the streusel toppings to a bowl and combine with fingers or a fork, until you have a crumbly mixture, then evenly cover the batter.
- bake on the middle rack for 65-68 minutes, depending on your oven.
- while the loaf is baking, combine icing sugar + maple syrup to make the glaze.
- once ready, pour the glaze over the warm loaf as soon as it comes out from the oven.
- let it cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
NOTE //. store the remaining pumpkin spice mixture into an air tight container and use in your lattes, smoothies and other baking!