raw carrot cake bites are the perfect healthy grab + go snack. filled with lots of healthy fats + protein, these chewy + delicious little bites are sure to be a favorite!
makes 12 bites
vegan + gluten free
what you need
- 1 cup chopped carrots, approx 1.5 large carrots
- 12 mejdool dates – see note below
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling
what you do
- if your dates are dry, soak in hot water for 10 minutes, pat dry to remove excess water.
- chop carrots into small chunks and add to a food processor, until you have very small pieces, then remove and transfer to a large bowl.
- add dates, seeds, vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon + sea salt to food processor. pulse until you have a sticky mixture.
- add the carrots back in and pulse a few more times until everything is combined.
- transfer mixture to the large bowl. roll 1 tbsp servings into balls then roll in shredded coconut.
- repeat until all the mixture has been rolled.
- chill for 15-20 minutes then enjoy!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
+ add a comment