it’s the delicious fresh toffee chunks + the crunchy mini pretzels for me! this dark chocolate bark is so so good + comes together quickly + easily. it’s sure to be a favorite! Make it gluten free with snyder’s of hanover mini pretzels.
makes 10-15 pieces, depending on size.
what you need
- 200g dark chocolate (approx 2 bars)
- 1.5 – 2 cups mini pretzelss
- sprinkle maldon salt flakes
- Caramel Sauce + Toffee bits
for the CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1/2 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1/4 vegan butter
- 2 tbsp oat milk or oat creamer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
what you do
- caramel sauce – add sugar to saucepan + heat on low for approx 10 minutes. stir constantly. sugar will start to clump + melt. when most half has melted, remove from heat and add in butter until butter has melted. add back to heat, it should start to bubble. half will clump into toffee chunks, the other half into liquid. remove from heat and add in vanilla + salt. strain the toffee chunks and collect liquid caramel into a small bowl or glass. let cool for 15 minutes. ** important ** use raw cane sugar to get the toffee chunks!
- melt chocolate in microwave or over double boiler. set aside 2-3 tablespoons for later. pour the chocolate on parchment lined baking sheet. spread into an even layer. add pretzels until all chocolate is covered.
- chop toffee chunks into smaller pieces + add to the chocolate + pretzel layer. then drizzled the caramel sauce over everything. chill in freezer for 10 minutes.
- drizzle the chocolate you set aside on top bark + sprinkle salt flakes. chill again for another 5 minutes.
- cut into pieces + enjoy!