weekend plans consist of a patio + this delicious spicy, slushy + smokey watermelon mezcal sip. the perfect way to stay cool in this heat!
makes 2 drinks
what you need
- 3 cups frozen watermelon
- 2 – 4 oz mezcal
- 1 oz maple syrup or simple syrup
- splash of sparkling water or bubbly
- juice of 1/2 a fresh lime
- sea salt + shredded coconut for rim
- 1 fresh jalapeno
- 2 lime wheel + jalapeno slices for garnish
what you do
- rim glasses with fresh lime + roll edges in sea salt + coconut
- to a blender add frozen watermelon, maple or simple syrup, fresh lime juice, sparkling water + mezcal
- blend until you have a slush
- char jalapeno with torch or over a flame, until the flesh starts to blister
- slice 2 pieces and add to glasses, muddle until you can smell the heat!
- divide slush between 2 of your favorite glasses
- garnish with jalapeno slices + lime wheels
// simple syrup
add 1 cup cane sugar + 1 cup water to a small pot and bring to simmer on low. once all the sugar has dissolved, let syrup cool for 15-20 minutes before transferring to a bottle. keep in fridge for up to 3 weeks.